Not to be Dramatic but, the Worst Part of Being an Adult is Choosing Between Happiness and Financial Stability
This statement sums up everything there is to know about adulting: You need to save more money than you think. Everyone says it, and everyone agrees, but how do you actually do it?
- Traveling the world is expensive.
- But so is having kids.
- And education.
- And home ownership.
- And childcare.
- And healthcare.
- The list goes on.
Today, I will share three easy ways to save more money than you think (and 14 empowering money mantras) — advice from a real person (not a financial expert trying to sell you something).
Money Doesn’t Grow on Trees (or Does It?)
The least helpful phrase of all time has got to be “money doesn’t grow on trees” because who actually thought that? Even kids, who are most likely to hear it, don’t believe it.
People say it as a warning to point out that money doesn’t come easily, but that’s a belief, not a fact.
And there are better beliefs out there. Try one of these money mantras that are so much more empowering:
- I always have more than enough.
- It’s safe for me to have money.
- I am a money magnet.
- Money flows freely to me.
- I deserve abundance.
- I release all resistance to money.
- I am financially free.
- My income exceeds my expenses.
- Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways.
- The more I enjoy life, the more money I make.
- I see financial opportunities everywhere.
- My income always increases.
- I am wealthy.
So first, get straight on a belief that serves you, then activate it so it can take shape in your life.
Step One: Invest Early
Start today. Seriously. Today.